Sunday, 11 December 2016

  The second week of the topic Christmas was a very busy one. This week we talked about the Christmas traditions in our country.  We started decorating our classroom, finished our Christmas cribs and we had the dress rehearsal and the much awaited Christmas Concert.





























      I finally managed to upload the Video of the Christmas Concert in two parts as it was too large to upload before, so I hope you enjoy watching it.












        This week's letter was 'm' (milied).  We practised listening to the sound of the letter and writing it.














      

      During abacus this week we talked about 3-d shapes.  We revised 2-d shapes and I asked the children to try and find  which 2-d and 3-d shapes  had similarities. It was easy for them to realize that the circle resembles the sphere and the square resembles the cube and so on.   Then they spotted the differences .  We learned the names of some 3-d shapes:   sphere, cube, cylinder and cone.  We discussed their properties and played different games to practice recognizing them.  We also continued practicing recognizing numbers 1-10, concentrating mostly on number 3.























      

No comments:

Post a Comment