Sunday, 5 February 2017

       During the last week of this topic,we talked about birds and sea creatures.  I prepared a photo story about birds so the children could see many different colourful birds and appreciate their beauty.  I also prepared a photo story about the many different creatures that live under the sea and another of different colourful fish, big and small, so they could marvel at the beauty of the underwater world.  The birds and the fish, too prefer to live in their natural habitat and not in captivity.

       We started learning the letter 'd' (denfil).  The starting point was a story about dolphins and then I introduced the letter.  We had an activity aimed to help the children relate the shape of the letter to the sound and help them learn how to write it.












Revision of the other letters we have learned.



      

    During Abacus (Maths),  we concentrated on the concept of adding more to a set of objects; adding 1 more, 2 more 3 more etc....

  We also concentrating on number 5 learning recognition and value and counting five objects.



    We each made a fish collage and then made an 'under the sea' picture.  The children used dark blue and white paint, blending them together to make the light blue sea.








































      I took the following pictures during the special PE session we have with the PE teacher twice a week.



















      I would like to remind you that as from next Monday 6th February, until the end of March, a student, Ms Jeanette Borg, shall be taking my place in class while doing her teaching practice.  She was with us for the whole of last week so that the children had the time to get to know her before she takes over.  Obviously I will not be posting on this blog during her stay as I will not be present in class during the daily activities.  Just to keep you posted, they should be doing the topics I had already planned to do.  The first topic is 'Food and drink', learning the letters f (frott), h (haxix), o (orangjo), and r (ross).  The second topic is 'Transport', learning the letters e (elmu), a (ajruplan), v (vapur) and r (rokit).  They should also be concentrating on the next numbers, number 6 and 7.  Please continue supporting your children by showing interest in what they are doing in class and helping them at home.












No comments:

Post a Comment