Sunday, 21 May 2017

        Because of many interruptions because of other activities and Mother's Day last week, i decided to extend the topic 'Spring' for another week to finish all that I had planned.  Besides, this week is 'Healthy Lifestyle Week' at our school and I did not wish to start another different topic as this week involved more activities re a healthy lifestyle.

       This week we learned the letter 'z' (zokk).   As usual the letter was introduced the letter through a story and then I organized different activities for the children to learn to recognize the letter and its sound in different words.

































Sorting pictures to form the sequence of a story.

















      These are some photos I took during our maths activities.












       A healthy lifestyle should include plenty of exercise, so as part of 'Healthy Lifestyle Week' we had outdoor games organized in our school yard............ 

































































































.........and on a different day, we visited the Sports Complex at Cordin.  I did not have my mobile camera with me so I used my mobile to take photos.  I had to delete more than half of them because as the shutter speed of the mobile camera is not fast enough, in most photos the children were not recognizable.  For the same reason, the ones below are not good quality either, but I wanted to share with you the children's experience.  They all enjoyed themselves thoroughly.







































































































































      To live a healthy lifestyle it is important to eat healthy food. we should eat 5 portions of fruit and vegetables everyday.  To encourage children to eat less sweets and more fruit, we made a fruit salad in class and enjoyed it together.  Fruit are sweet so they taste lovely without harming our health.














































No comments:

Post a Comment