Saturday, 13 May 2017

    This week we talked about flowers and bees.  We talked about the life cycle of a flower and watched a video.  

    We learned that plants need healthy soil, water and plenty of sun to grow.   We shouldn't pick flowers from public gardens and we should never step on soil.  We sometimes give flowers to someone as a sign of our love or respect.  





            Children learn by doing so they planted seeds in their own pots and already can see the first results.


































     Bees harvest nectar from flowers and then make honey.  We watched a video of the bees harvesting nectar.   The bee deposits its honey in the hive and covers it with wax which it produces.  When the bee keeper takes the slated board out, he scrapes the wax off before sending the hive for production into honey that we buy in a store.  The wax is then made into candles.  We saw the whole process on video. 



        

       Honey is sweet and sticky and mum makes us a hot drink with honey when we have a sore throat or a cough. 





  We made little bumble bee prints.








       We made a flower collage handout which included counting (2 leaves / 5 petals) and fine motor skills: colouring and scissoring.





















      This week we were also preparing for Mother's Day.  We talked about our mothers and their roles in our lives.  We talked about our feelings and love for our mothers and about ways how we can demonstrate our love.  We made cards for our mothers and wrapped up the gifts we made for them when we visited Alka Ceramics.




















      This week's letter was q (qalb).  Below are pictures of a few of the activities we made this week to help us remember and sound and shape of the letter 'q'.














      As you all know we are currently having story telling sessions at our school where you parents are invited.  I am very pleased that quiet a few of you are making the effort to attend. I appreciate that it is more difficult for working mums to do so and that for them it is sometimes not even possible.  I am sure that you all agree that these sessions are of great benefit to the children.  I am sorry that I missed most of this week's session but I did manage to take some pictures before I had to leave.








      In preparation for Healthy Lifestyle week, we had a visit from a home economics teacher and the children participated in a lesson to help them become more aware of how to eat healthy and why it is very important.  It is important that we all eat 5 portion of fruit and vegetables everyday.






















I wish all you mothers to have a very happy relaxing day tomorrow. 





       









No comments:

Post a Comment